In an effort to keep some motivation with my blog, I am going to try posting a "top 10" list every Monday. It's kind of the equivalent to "never miss a Monday" but writing not the gym. And if it's something I don't have to think about as hard, maybe it'll work ;)
Top 10 Things to do on a Perfect Weekend (plus bonus points!)
10. Take naps. Preferably one each day. Bonus points if one of them is outside on your porch swing.
9. Go to the farmer's market. Hunt for fresh tomatoes that are specifically marked "home grown." Squeal with delight when you found lumpy, misshapen ones that still have dirt on them. Bonus points if the farmer tries to explain why they're dirty and you interrupt him and say "Oh, no, they're PERFECT!"
8. Go on a hike. I know, it's not lazy, but it really helps fuel the need for #10. Bonus points if you get lost at least twice but you don't even care because you have nowhere else to be.
7. Eat cake. Your goal is to make the cake on Friday. Then finish it by Sunday night. So pace yourself accordingly. Bonus points for sprinkles.
6. Make a meal that takes hours (but is very hands off). A perfect example is beef bourguignon. Just a little prep work, but then you pour in a bottle of red wine and stick the dutch oven in the oven and let it fill your house with delicious smells. Bonus points if you can serve it on mashed potatoes.
5. Read a book. Preferably a mindless novel. One that you can take with you on aforementioned porch swing and read and nap and read and nap. Bonus points if you finish your book. But no shame if you don't!
4. Make a charcuterie board. They're the best. Just raid your pantry for all things meat, cheese and snacky. Put it on a cutting board. It's basically glorified snack foods with a fancy name. Bonus points for each kind of cheese. Because, cheese.
3. Listen to good music. You get to define good. Be sure to sing along. Bonus points if its live music.
2. Find one project you can do beginning to end. Maybe it's unloading the dishwasher or planting flowers or cleaning the bedroom. Or maybe it's hanging shelves in your bedroom. Bonus points if your finished project makes you feel like you're really awesome at life.
1. Tell someone "I love you." It could your best friend or spouse or dog. It could be in person, the phone or a text. No bonus points needed.